Friday, January 11, 2008

Close Guantanamo!


I would have blogged about this earlier if I'd known about it, but I didn't. This morning my co-worker whose partner works for the ACLU came up to me and said it's the anniversary of prisoners first arriving at the detention center in Guantanamo Bay. The ACLU is asking people to wear orange today "an expression of opposition to indefinite detention at the U.S.-run prison and torture." So now I've got an orange armband on. (see? <<<)

You can find out more here and here. It's a pretty disgusting situation. You know, blatantly ignoring human rights and all.

1 comment:

Mark said...

It is very good that you are generating awareness about this, thank-you! Wishing I had known, I would have worn orange today! May all those who are imprisoned without relief, know peace, love and wellness and may all of us who are free bring this to them in any way we can.