Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Wink: Your Friendly Neighborhood Sex Shop

WARNING: This post was written for an adult audience.

Clinical sexologist Elizabeth Rich opened Wink on West 39th Street this summer. It wasn't until this weekend that I was able to finally pop in and see what it was all about, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it as amazing as I'd hoped.

The atmosphere is markedly different from the sweaty-old-guy-jacking-off-in-the-back feeling I usually get at sex shops. Small, but open and inviting, Wink displays its wares with all the tact and care of a jewelry store. The selection is surprisingly various for the size of the store, ranging from glass pieces, many vibrator options, a small book section, a small (but good) S&M section, lubes, condoms, etc. They have an incredible lube for women called Pink. (I tried a sample of it and I have to say it is the most incredibly successful lube-for-women I've ever experienced.) They also had some high quality toys that I've only previously seen online (including the best "strap-on" ever). One of their more unique toys was a vibrator(s) that links up with an iPod and pulses to the beat of the music.

The prices are also the best I've seen in a store of that quality (although most things are more expensive on the West coast). For instance, I purchased some incredible bondage tape that only adheres to itself for $5, which is the cheapest I've seen it anywhere ever. The staff person
working when we went in was extremely attentive and offered suggestions and advice that made the entire process of finding what we wanted smooth and easy.

Wink also offers sex ed classes, movie nights and other randomly awesome events. I highly suggest you check Wink out. They'll be having holiday deals throughout the end of the year and we were told that they'll be serving hot chocolate and cookies to make it feel "even more homey." And a sex store I can feel at home in is a long-waited for blessing.

If you liked this, you may want to sign up to be automatically updated the next time I post new content.

2 comments:

Elizabeth-Hadley said...

Awwwwww, gosh. You make me blush!

and it's HARD to make ME blush...

Elizabeth-Hadley, CWO

May said...

Then I guess I'm doing my job :D But, for serious, Wink is so awesome.