Saturday, December 29, 2007

Generation Me

All my life I've wondered what generation I am. According to what I heard, I wasn't an "X" or a "Y" but there didn't seem to be any other option. (Yes, I probably could have looked this up somewhere, but I never did) But Mission to Learn has now schooled me. In a recent post, they outlined the generations as such:

Boomers: 1946-1964
GenX: 1965-1980
Millenials: 1981-2000

And so, one more item on my life-long to-learn list (not to be confused with my life-long to-do list) has been scratched off. It's always nice to know how one is being labeled.

2 comments:

Joe P. said...

Ok, I was born in April of 1980, and there's no effing way I'm gen-X. Not that I'm too preoccupied with labels. ...or AM I?

Jeff Cobb said...

Thanks for the mention of Mission to Learn. I won't claim particular expertise on the time periods. These are adapted from what seem to be the commonly accepted windows. As Joe suggests, things get a little iffy around the edges. Stephen Downes notes on Mission to Learn that "Generation Jones," for instance, is not accounted for in the time frames indicated in my post. C'est la vie.l --Jeff