Thursday, December 20, 2007

Bloch Building Declared 2007's Top Architectural Wonder

Note: Thanks to a nod from Tony's Kansas City, people might actually be reading this now. How odd. Well, what do you know? TIME Magazine titled the Nelson Atkins' new Bloch Building the "#1 Architectural Marvel of 2007." While this is great news for Kansas City (especially following on the bad news about the Paseo Bridge plans) I'm a little disappointed that a green building took second. And I'm extremely surprised that the Olympic Sculpture Park took third. I mean, the Park was cool and all, but it was still mostly just grass on a bunch of ramps with well-planned gardening and gigantic pieces of sculpture, of course.

I wonder what criteria the choices were based on. It all seems very random to me.

No comments: