One of the best parts of my weekend was visiting the newly-remodeled Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (not including the new Bloch building which I still have to make time for). I hadn't been there for several years, so it was exciting to re-discover a place that I loved so much. Plus, what with all of my super-fabulous museum training, I had a new perspective from which to view the museum, one which only deepened my awe for it.
Here are some things that made me happy:
- new Flemish Renaissance paintings in the cloister section
- a very gay-looking Roman statue that was never on display before
- the display case of hand-carved Chinese cricket training/fighting equipment
- the new Native American section (including the war club made from a gun stock and the woman's dress designed with a pattern of horses)
- two adorable court lady figurines in the Asian section (partially pictured below)
If you liked this, you may want to sign up to be automatically updated the next time I post new content.