Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Home Sweet Hometown Museum: Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art

One of the best parts of my weekend was visiting the newly-remodeled Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (not including the new Bloch building which I still have to make time for). I hadn't been there for several years, so it was exciting to re-discover a place that I loved so much. Plus, what with all of my super-fabulous museum training, I had a new perspective from which to view the museum, one which only deepened my awe for it.

Here are some things that made me happy:

If you haven't seen the Nelson for a while, I recommend another look; especially since admission is now free. And if you're not in the Kansas City area, take a gander at the Nelson-Atkins collection online: its interactive design allows you to look as deeply at an artwork as you'd like. I recommend Water Lilies.

If you liked this, you may want to sign up to be automatically updated the next time I post new content.

No comments: